Using the Request Tracker
- Step 1: Create a new request
- Step 2: Acknowledge the request
- Step 3: Identification check
- Step 4: Rights check
- Step 5: Attach data
- Step 6: Disclose data
Step 1: Create a new request
- Click New Request from the Request Dashboard or from the application menu in the top left of your window.
- Enter the details of the Subject that has requested information from your organisation
- Click Create SAR to confirm and add it to the Dashboard
- The subject will receive an email with a webform link to confirm their details and sign a declaration
Step 2: Acknowledge the request
- The acknowledgement stage of the Request process allows you to wait for the Subject to confirm their details and sign the declaration before you proceed with their request.
- The Subject will receive an email with the link to the form once you have created the request. You can see whether the Subject has visited the link or submitted their confirmation on the status bar.
- When the Subject has confirmed their details and signed the declaration, they will be displayed. Click Acknowledge to progress to the next stage.
Step 3: Identification Check
- To ensure the person making a request is who they say they are, SAR Tracker contains an ID verification step.
- If the Subject is known to your organisation, toggle the button to Yes.
- To send an ID Request email, toggle the relevant button to Yes and click Send ID Request.
- The subject will receive an email with a link to a secure page for uploading their ID verification.
- Once the subject has submitted their ID, it will appear on the ID Check page for you to verify.
- Confirm ID Check to move to the next stage
- Add a reason / explanation for not validating the subject's ID and click Reject ID to send an email requesting the subject to upload again
Step 4: Rights Check
- If the subject has passed the acknowledgement and ID verification stages, now confirm whether they are legally entitled to a Request from your organisation.
- Toggle the button to Yes or end the request if the subject is not entitled.
- Click Confirm Rights to proceed.
Step 5: Attach data
- If your organisation holds data relevant to the subject, toggle the button to Yes
- The option to Attach a box now becomes available
- Assuming you have already analysed and redacted the subject's data in Smartbox.ai, click Attach a box and select the one containing the subject's data. If you have not yet processed the subject's data, return to Smartbox home and do so now.
- On the import screen there are 2 options:
- Import all files from the Box
- Select individual files to import
Step 6: Disclose data
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article